Image | That's where our old brochures finished up, as roses for Sant Jordi... We do what we can but believe you -- staff and students -- have to help us so that we can do much more!
With the following environmental policy, International House Barcelona undertakes to develop all its activities with the aim of offering the highest standard of service, while respecting the environment and assuming the challenges of sustainability.
International House Barcelona also assumes its responsibility as an educational centre by encouraging the direct participation of its staff and students in the promotion and communication of our environmental values.
We hereby commit to:
- Seek a more sustainable business model by constantly evaluating our levels of consumption and waste management processes in order to control their impact locally and on the wider environment.
- Comply with all the environmental legislation for businesses, and with the corresponding requirements for social responsibility, safety and risks.
- Develop the inherent possibilities of the multicultural nature of the school as an ideal centre for the dissemination and promotion of values – among them environmental values – to a heterogenic public.
- Contextualize environmental challenges as issues directly linked with our daily activities and our roles as individuals in society.
- Develop participative practices that generate a context for permanent discussion, proposals and the involvement of all the school's employees and other associates.
- Take steps to guarantee continuous improvement, environmental efficiency, and pollution prevention in all our productive processes, in order to keep growing as an environmentally-committed company and as a centre for the dissemination of more sustainable lifestyles.
Declaración ambiental 2017
EMAS III Certificate
The EARTH is our International House
Make a difference
Barcelona, October 1st 2013