Cambridge English: First (FCE)
FCE is an exam which shows that you can use everyday written and spoken English at an upper-intermediate level. It is an ideal exam for people who want to use English for work or study purposes.
Deadline for enrolment for March: March 5
Is FCE for you?
- understand texts from a wide variety of sources?
- use English to make notes while someone is speaking in English?
- talk to people about a wide variety of topics?
- understand people talking in English on radio or television programmes?
If you are working towards acquiring those skills and your level of English currently permits you to do approximately those things, then FCE is probably the right exam for you.
What level is FCE?
FCE corresponds to Level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) | more information.
At B2 level, typical users can be expected to:
- understand the main ideas of complex pieces of writing
- keep up a conversation on a fairly wide range of topics, expressing opinions and presenting arguments
- produce clear, detailed writing, expressing opinions and explaining the advantages and disadvantages of different points of view.
Your preparation for FCE will give you these kinds of practical language skills.
When and where can you take FCE?
The table below shows when and where you can take FCE at one or more of our centres:
For exact details (dates, etc), pick your exam centre from the table.
Dates 2017, written exams
(CB) = Computer-based | (S) = For schools
|Exam session||Written exam||Enrolment deadline||Price|
|February 2017 (CB)||Saturday, 18 February||29 January||188€|
|March 2017 (CB)||Saturday, 18 March||5 March||188€|
|April 2017||Saturday, 8 April||26 February||188€|
|May 2017||Saturday, 13 May||2 April||188€|
|May 2017 (CB)||Saturday, 20 May||30 April||188€|
|May 2017 (S)||Saturday, 27 May||16 April||188€|
|June 2017||Saturday, 3 June||16 April||188€|
|June 2017||Martes, 6 June||30 April||188€|
|June 2017 (CB)||Saturday, 10 June||14 May||188€|
|June 2017 (S)||Saturday, 10 June||7 May||188€|
|July 2017 (S)||Saturday, 1 July||21 May||188€|
|July 2017 (CB)||Saturday, 8 July||11 June||188€|
|July 2017||Thursday, 27 July||18 June||188€|
|August 2017||Thursday, 24 August||23 July||188€|
|September 2017 (CB)||Friday, 22 September||3 September||188€|
|October 2017||Saturday, 7 October||3 September||188€|
|December 2017 (S)||Saturday, 2 December||22 October||188€|
|December 2017||Saturday, 9 December||22 October||188€|
Dates of oral exams can be from up to two weeks before the written exams (see above) until the following day, including Saturdays.