IH Barcelona Teacher Training Department
International House Barcelona (pictured, right) is situated in the centre of the city, less than 5 minutes walk from the Plaza Catalunya, which is the central square and communications hub of the city.
The centre's main reception area is located on the ground floor (Floor B), just inside the street entrance.
The teacher training department is on Floor C, with the Teacher Training office in Room C3.
The Spanish Department is also on Floor C, while the Spanish teacher training department is on Floor F [more about all the courses we offer].
The building and its facilities
The building dates from the beginning of the last century and has many attractive features: a very decorative street entrance, lots of natural light, high ceilings, a marble staircase, etc.
The school's facilities include:
- 40 air-conditioned classrooms, all with natural light
- Computers and interactive whiteboards in nearly all the classrooms used by the Teacher Training Department
- An Internet Room with computer facilities which are free for students, including free access to online Spanish courses
- Adjacent to the bar area, a free Wi-Fi internet connection (not available to phones or other handheld devices)
- A well-stocked library and study centre (picture, above), with an excellent set of resources for trainees on Teacher Training courses
- A bar which is open all day providing hot and cold food and drinks
- A rooftop terrace where students can relax in the sunshine
- Bathroom facilities for disabled students