Online foundation TEFL course
>> Already enrolled? Log in here
This five-week 100% online course is intended for those with no, or very little, previous teaching experience.
It is a short introductory course for those with some interest in the English language teaching profession who wish to discover more fully what is involved in language teaching before committing to a fuller qualification.
It is also ideally suited to Gap-Year students who wish to spend a year abroad teaching English.
The course includes:
- General principles in language learning and teaching
- Teaching and learning vocabulary
- Teaching and learning grammar
- The receptive skills of reading and listening
- The productive skills of speaking and writing
- Lesson Planning
- Class management and the roles of the teacher
There will also be one assignment for you to complete at the end of the course which you will email to your tutor for comment.
Course start dates 2014
The next start dates for this 5-week course are as follows:
- January 20th—February 23rd
- April 28th—June 1st
- October 20th—November 23rd
Note that courses will not begin unless there is a minimum of 10 participants.
Length & time commitment
It is notoriously difficult to predict exactly how many hours an online course will take any given student. For our courses, we believe you should estimate at least 5-6 hours per module for the reading and completion of the tasks set, giving around 30 hours minimum for this particular course.
That estimate excludes the amount of class time you use for experimenting with the ideas and material from the course.
You should aim to complete each course module within 7 to 10 days.
The course tutors are all International House Barcelona CELTA and/or DELTA course tutors with many years of teaching and teacher training experience.
Candidates will be awarded an International House Barcelona Online Training Certificate at the end of the course.
To reserve your place on the course, fill in the online payment and application form.
Online teacher training courses from IH Barcelona
Courses currently available:
- Blended learning CertICT technology course
- Cambridge Exams (YLE, KET, PET and FCE)
- CLIL for Language Teachers
- Foundation TEFL course
- Language Analysis for English Teachers
- Teaching Pronunciation
- Teaching Vocabulary
- Teaching Writing Skills for Exam Classes
- Technology for Language Learning
- TKT (Teaching Knowledge Test)
- Teaching Young Learners