The language school
IH Barcelona's Spanish language school is less than 5 minutes walk from the Plaza Catalunya, which is the very centre of Barcelona [ >> map ].
The language school occupies 6 floors of a large corner building (image, right), which has a distinctive, triangular shape (somewhat similar to the famous 'flat-iron' building in New York). All of our Spanish courses are taken here.
The building dates from the beginning of last century and has many attractive features: a very decorative street entrance, lots of natural light, high ceilings, a marble staircase, etc.
The language school's main reception area is located on the ground floor (floor B), just inside the street entrance. The Spanish reception is located on the first floor (floor C).
The language school's facilities include:
- 40 air-conditioned classrooms, all with natural light, around half with interactive whiteboards
- Internet access with 15 PCs available for students to use (free of charge) in an Internet Room open 60 hours a week
- WiFi access is also available if you have a suitably equipped laptop
- A library and study centre
- A bar which is open all day, providing hot and cold food and drinks
- A terrace where students can relax in the sunshine
- Bathroom facilities for disabled students