Intensive Spanish + Spanish Culture course
Our Spanish and Spanish culture course is designed to give you the opportunity to take more than the standard 4 hours per day, 20 hours a week, on our normal intensive courses.
We look at a different aspect of Spanish culture each day. Subjects regularly covered include:
- Spanish social customs: An insight into the Spanish way of life and how it and its customs compare with those in your own country
- Flamenco: A course which looks beyond the music and dance to the culture of flamenco
- Architecture in Barcelona, including Gaudí (shown, right, Gaudí's Casa Batlló)
- Spain's cultural diversity: The languages, gastronomy, geography and folklore of each of Spain's regional cultures
- Spanish music
- Ferran Adriá and Spanish nouvelle cuisine
- Spanish 20th century art: A look at a range of artistic styles including those of Picasso, Dalí, Miró and Tapies
- The Spanish media: Press, radio, television and the Internet and the language that is characteristic of each
- The Spanish Civil War: the causes, most important episodes and many consequences of the war
- A brief introduction to the history of Spanish literature, from the Middle Ages to the present day
- Spain's most popular fiestas: The Easter Processions, the Fallas, San Fermin, etc
- Spanish cinema
|Duration||Enrol for as many weeks as you like.|
|Timetable||Monday to Friday (extra hours begin Tuesday)|
|Number of hours||The extra classes combine with a 4-hour intensive Spanish course in the mornings, to give you an additional 1.5 hours of Spanish on different aspects of Spanish culture and history, making a total of 26 hours of class a week.|
|Times|| Intensive course: 09.30 to 13.30, with a twenty-minute break
Spanish culture course: 14.30 to 16.00, Tuesday to Friday
|Size of classes||7 average, with a maximum of 10|
|Start dates||Our Spanish culture courses start every Tuesday and you can take as many weeks as you like.|
Price valid until December 31st, 2013.
- Add €60 per week to the intensive course fees
The price of the course includes booking, the pre-course level test, all course materials, our programme of social and cultural activities; and access to all the school's facilities, including free Internet usage.
The school's facilities include free access to our online Spanish courses for the duration of your stay.
Note that there is no registration fee for our courses.
What will it all cost?
Calculate the total cost of your course plus accommodation and any extras you want with our price calculator...
The school will be closed for public holidays on the dates given below. Classes lost are not made up at other times.
2013 January 1, 6; March 29; April 1; May 1, 20; June 24; August 15; September 11, 24; October 12; November 1; December 6, 8, 25, 26.
July and August During the summer, some intensive courses may be scheduled to take place in the afternoons-evenings, from 16.00 to 20.00. If you attend afternoon classes, we have a special social programme of visits and activities that takes place in the mornings.