International House Barcelona language school
IH Barcelona is less than 5 minutes walk from Plaza Catalunya, which is the very centre of Barcelona [ >> map ].
The language school occupies 6 floors of a large corner building (see slideshow, above), which has a distinctive, triangular shape (somewhat similar to the famous 'flat-iron' building in New York). The different teacher training departments are in the same building.
The building dates back to the very early 20th century and has many attractive features: a very decorative street entrance, lots of natural light, high ceilings, a marble staircase, etc.
The main reception area is located on the ground floor (floor B), just inside the street entrance.
Our facilities include:
- 40 air-conditioned classrooms, all with natural light, around half with interactive whiteboards
- Computer room with 15 PCs available for students to access the internet (free of charge) etc., open 60 hours a week
- WiFi access if you have a suitably equipped laptop/smartphone
- A library and study centre
- A bar which is open all day, providing hot and cold food and drinks
- A terrace where students can relax in the sunshine
- Bathroom facilities for disabled students
One of the great things about IH Barcelona is the mixture of people you will meet here at any given time.
All of our students are welcome to our Friday Club language exchange,which is a great place to meet people of other nationalities taking different courses — among whom you'll meet lots of local people, which is excellent if you want to learn Spanish.