English courses for Young Learners
The Young Learners Department at IH Barcelona has its own study programme, adapted to suit the ages and interests of the students.
Courses and levels
We divide the programme into sections:
- T (Teens), 14-17 years old: 2.5 hours/week in 1 session or 3 hours/week in two 90-minute sessions. Maximum 12 students per class.
- J (Juniors), 11-13 years old: 3 hour/week in two 90-minute sessions. Maximum 12 per class.
- K (Kids), 8-10 years old: 2 hours/week in two 1-hour sessions. Maximum 10 per class.
- P (Prep), 6-8 years old: 2 hours/week in 2 sessions. Maximum 10 per class.
- P (Prep), 4-6 years old: 1.5 hours/week in 2 sessions. Maximum 8 per class.
Progress tests and reports
Our Ks, Js and Ts have short progress tests every term.
Parents are provided with regular reports and there is a Parent/Teacher meeting in February/March.
We work with a task-based approach which which provides a stimulating environment for Young Learners to use English as a means of communication from the start.