International House Barcelona
The language school (shown, right) is situated in the centre of the city - less than 5 minutes walk from the Plaza Catalunya, which is the central square and communications hub of the city.
The school occupies 5 floors of a large corner building, which has a distinctive, triangular shape (somewhat similar to the famous 'flat-iron' building in New York).
The building dates from the beginning of the last century and has many attractive features: a very decorative street entrance, lots of natural light, high ceilings, a marble staircase, etc.
The school's facilities include:
- 40 air-conditioned classrooms, all with natural light, around half equipped with interactive whiteboards
- A computer room with free Internet access for our students, including free access to our online English courses
- Free wireless access is also available in the school
- A library and study centre
- A bar which is open all day providing hot and cold food and drinks
- A terrace where students can relax in the sunshine
- Bathroom facilities for disabled students
The school's main reception area is located on the ground floor (floor B), just inside the street entrance.